Drug Addiction Treatment and Rehab
Fraser Valley Treatment Centre, or FVTC, is a private alcohol and drug rehab addiction centre in Abbotsford. Our Fraser Valley drug and alcohol treatment centre offers economical, high quality substance abuse addiction programs. We are open 24/7. Financing is also available, on approved credit. At Fraser Valley Treatment Centre drug addiction is not seen as the problem, but as a symptom of a problem that can be solved with proper drug treatment.
At Fraser Valley Treatment Centre we are committed to providing the highest quality of drug addiction treatment and care to ensure the long-term success of our clients. Time spent at our rehab centre is not only a retreat from life, but an opportunity to experience true healing, while establishing a clear path to recovery. Our private in-patient drug treatment facility for men and women offers a holistic approach to treating addiction. Drug dependency is a result of one or more of these four factors:
- Chemical imbalance
- Unresolved events from the past
- Beliefs that are inconsistent with what is true
- Inability to cope with current conditions
Addressing these underlying issues during rehab helps to remove barriers to recovery. Drug addiction is a disorder that affects millions of people. It is one of the most misunderstood addictions in society today. Fraser Valley Treatment Centre has certified medical doctors and professionals who are experienced in the nuances of effective drug abuse treatment.
Signs that a Person Needs Drug Treatment
Drug addiction costs a LOT of money and a person addicted to drugs usually is in constant need of money. Drug addiction can result in jail time. In addition to many drugs being illegal, people are known to go to great, often illegal lengths to obtain them. In most cases, the only way to stop this destructive chain of events is with professional drug treatment.
Drug abuse destroys health. An addict’s physical health declines over time. Muscles, skin, teeth, veins, heart, liver, lungs and virtually every part of the body will deteriorate when drug addiction is left untreated.
Addiction deteriorates the mind. Drugs alter how the brain functions and can even change the structure of the brain and cause damage to the brain cells. Erratic behavior, devoid of logic, is a powerful indicator a person needs drug rehab.
Every person’s drug use or addiction experience is unique. However, there are 10 common signs of substance abuse that signal the need for treatment:
- Powerful cravings
- Physical dependency
- Withdrawal symptoms
- Progressively risky behavior
- Drug-seeking habits
- Financial problems connected to drug dependence
- Disregard for responsibilities
- Unhealthy relationships with those who support their habit
- Isolating habits
Answers to the following questions are also good indicators of the need for drug treatment:
- Have you used drugs other than those required for medical reasons?
- Do you abuse (use) more than one drug at a time?
- Are you unable to stop using drugs when you want to?
- Have you ever had blackouts or flashbacks as a result of drug use?
- Do you ever feel bad or guilty about your drug use?
- Does your spouse (or parents) ever complain about your involvement with drugs?
- Have you neglected your family because of your use of drugs?
- Have you engaged in illegal activities in order to obtain drugs?
- Have you ever experienced withdrawal symptoms (felt sick) when you stopped taking drugs?
- Have you had medical problems as a result of your drug use (e.g. memory loss, hepatitis, convulsions, bleeding)?
Our Drug Treatment Programs
At Fraser Valley Treatment Center we focus on using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, and Exposure Response Therapy for drug treatment. We use these therapies to aid in achieving independence from addiction.
If you, or someone you know, is in desperate need of help, give us a call. You can also schedule a free PHONE CONSULTATION on programs for drug treatment.