Alcohol Treatment and Rehab
Fraser Valley Treatment Centre, or FVTC, is a private drug addiction and alcohol addiction treatment centre in Abbotsford. Our Fraser Valley rehab centre offers economical substance abuse addiction treatment programs for detox and alcohol rehab. Alcohol abuse, or alcoholism, is the most abused drug or substance. The highest percentage of people in rehabilitation is for alcohol treatment.
Although alcoholism is not curable, it can be treated and controlled. Alcohol treatment lays the groundwork for recovery and maintenance of long-term sobriety. Curbing alcohol abuse and the consistent desire to consume progressively larger volumes of alcohol is the end goal of alcohol treatment.
Alcohol Addiction Symptoms
Severe alcohol abuse or alcoholism impacts people from all walks of life. Psychological, genetic, and behavioral factors contribute to alcohol abuse. Similar to drug addiction, alcohol can alter an alcoholic’s brain function, inhibiting their ability to make rational decisions and display self-control. There are varying degrees of alcohol abuse that need alcohol treatment.
Alcoholism reveals itself in many ways. Some people drink heavily throughout the day, while others binge drink and stay sober for a while-until the cycle repeats itself. Alcohol addiction is incredibly common, yet tough, due to the fact alcohol is a legal substance, easily attainable, and commonly accepted in most cultures. Here are some of the physical, emotional and social symptoms that indicate a person is an alcoholic and-or needs alcohol treatment:.
Physical Symptoms from Alcohol Abuse:
- Blacking out, or having any memory loss caused by excessive drinking
- Progressively greater tolerance for alcohol
- Tremors or shakes in the absence of alcohol
- Spider Angiomas (tiny, very red blood vessels)
- Unhealthy liver problems (inflammation or cirrhosis)
- Perspiring and nausea, even when not consuming alcohol
- Loss of appetite and destructive eating habits
- Poor hygiene maintenance
- Unexplained sicknesses or accidents
Emotional Symptoms from Alcohol Abuse:
- Unpredictability and extreme mood swings
- Unusual anger and emotional outbursts
- Abusive behavior ( physical and-or emotional)
- Emotional detachment
- Crying spells
- Recent untrustworthiness and unreliability
- Defending excessive drinking habits
Social Symptoms from Alcohol Abuse:
- Not being able to stop after a couple of drinks
- Family and friends are worried about drinking habits
- Drinking in dangerous, or inappropriate, situations
- Legal problems such as DUI or public intoxication
- Making excuses or inventing reasons to drink
- Lying about drinking
- Relationships negatively affected by drinking
- Neglecting responsibilities
- Drinking alone or hiding drinking
- Irritability when unable to drink
- Missing important events (family or business)
Our Alcohol Treatment Programs
At Fraser Valley Treatment Centre we focus on using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and Exposure Response Therapy to treat addiction to alcohol. At Fraser Valley Treatment Center we specialize in these three unconventional, yet effective methods of alcohol treatment.
Fraser Valley Treatment Centre focuses on instilling the idea of common sense back into our patient’s lives. Our registered clinical counselors are specialized in the area of treating alcohol addiction. Give us a call, or schedule your free PHONE CONSULTATION on programs for alcohol treatment.